205 S Spring

  • Photo 1966. Courtesy Aspen Historical Society.
  • 2015
  • 2015

This structure is representative of Aspen’s mining era character. The building represents a typical style known locally as the “Miner’s Cottage,” characterized by the relatively small size, simple floor plan, and front gable / porch relationship. This structure is significant for its position in the context of Aspen’s mining era.  It provides a window into the nature of the life of an average family or individual during that period, as well as the construction techniques, materials available, and architectural fashions of the time.  This property was the home of the Berg family from 1887 to 1972.  Julius Berg owned a confectionary on Hyman Avenue.

Related documents:

Year:

1887

Historical Use:

residential