This structure is representative of Aspen’s mining-era character. This structure, along with 118 E. Cooper, was owned by the Union Presbyterian Church from 1885 to 1889. It had been deeded from the Aspen Town & Land Company in 1885. No data on
the building use is available. The building has many characteristics unusual in mining-era structures, such as the principal bay windows and decoration, the curved porch with detailing, and the other decorative elements of the facade. In the 1950s, the building became The Snow Queen lodge.