This structure was built in 1890 for Louis Weinberg, one of Aspen’s leading merchants and owner of a thriving clothing store. Crawley’s Grocery Store maintained the first floor space for many years, providing groceries and supplies to Aspen residents. The Aspen Telephone Company occupied the second floor from 1890 to about 1940. Around 1936, Mike Magnifico, one of Aspen’s ski pioneers and a founder of the Aspen Skiing Company, turned the first floor into a ski shop, one of the town’s earliest. It operated until about 1952.