206 Lake (Newberry House)
Year:1886 more 40s
This structure is representative of Aspen’s mining era character. The building has the characteristics of the Queen Anne Shingle Style and is one of the more significant residential structures from the mining era. T. G. Lyster, the original owner of record, brought his family to Aspen in 1886 to help organize the First National Bank of Aspen, becoming its cashier. The Shaw family owned the home for decades, starting in the late 1920s. William Shaw was a Pitkin County Judge.