100 S Mill
Year:1891 more 80s
This structure was built as a YMCA, including reading and game rooms. Joseph Chitwood purchased the building in the early 1900’s. Rooms were rented out and a mechanic’s shop (Brand’s Garage) went in on the first floor. The Epicure–a well-known restaurant / bakery–was located here starting around 1945. The business blocks were symbols of prosperity, instilling a sense of civic pride in the town and boosting the reputation of the individuals for whom they were named.